Our Spring Front Porch 2024

We've got our front porch cleaned and stained this year once again, and ready for spring...Here's how everything's looking right now...


The front porch refresh started with making a new front door wreath from a grapevine wreath I already had, a bow I made last season and some yard sale flowers that I found last summer, so it cost me very little money for my wreath...

Junkin' Tip: When you are out junkin' always be on the hunt for things that are out of season, because you can usually get them at a bargain price and you can save them to use them later on,...

I love how my thrifty wreath turned out!



The picture above is BEFORE my husband got started with the cleaning of our vinyl and porch and before we stained it again this season....I shared an After at the end...

I got a tiny rug to layer over this larger one that I had... I wanted a little bit of color and cheer....



I have two of these urn pots here on the front porch, (new this year, $10 each from Dollar General), and I first planted a couple of wax begonias in each of the pots here with the marigolds, but then after a couple of weeks, I could see that they were under stress, (the leaves were getting burned and crispy looking), so I ended up moving the wax begonias to the back porch pots.  I guess they just couldn't take the sun up here in the front...so I did a switcharoo. That's not something I make a habit of doing with plants, but this was a must this time...so they'd be happier and hopefully live, and it seems that they are doing much better now. 


Here they are below on the back porch...


They are loving it so far in this pot on the covered back porch and are doing much better (photo above)...


The marigolds are doing better on the front porch too... 

Note to Self: Marigolds can take a lot of sun, wax begonias only like some sun, but not a lot of strong direct sun, they like to be a little more shaded during the heat of the day here in Florida...sometimes things take a little trial and error when container gardening...


Here's an After photo with the roof and vinyl siding cleaned this spring. We are so happy with how clean it all looks now. Sometimes things just need a good cleaning to make a lot of difference in the appearance. We got some water sprinklers and grass fertilizer, and we hope to improve the condition of our grass just around the porch area this year. This yard is sand and it drains fast and it takes a lot of water, and we know that a whole yard of lush grass is not gonna happen for us here, and not for a lack of trying over the years, but I think we can manage it just around the front here...I'm keeping my hopes up anyway...I'd love just a little bit of green grass up here. I'll keep you posted later in the summer.  

Well, that's how things are looking right now around here. Are you working on any spring projects outdoors yet? 

Until next time, stay creative and have a beautiful day!

I'm also on YouTube at Christie's Mobile Home Diary and I have a new video of "My Outdoor Spring Refresh" featuring everything I've been up to this spring season... to see it you can click HERE or you can visit my channel by clicking on the "My YouTube Channel" tab at the top of this website or click HERE and I'll shuttle you over there. 

Thanks for visiting with me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts