Our Secret Garden Spring 2024

 It's been a busy spring season around here...and I have slowly crossed off my to do list and goal sheet that was a mile long, lol, but I had so much fun outside working in our yard and on some little projects and in my container garden (our secret garden area). I am so happy with the progress that my husband and I have made this year outside, and so thankful that we were both able to work on things together. God is so good. I think we can just relax and enjoy things...take it easy a while and watch the garden grow. 

Let me show you how things are looking right now...






I got a lot of new pots for the garden this year and replanted some of the root bound plants, many things came back from last year, and I added a few new garden accents this year...I love the squirrel flag....







I'm happy that I found a solution (these plastic forks), to keep the cute little squirrels from digging in my freshly planted pots...

I'll take the forks out after this spider plant gets some size to it. The squirrels seem to leave the larger sized plants alone most of the time, so soon I can take the forks out...but this worked! I know they're not pretty, but you just don't know how thankful I am for these forks and this hack, lol! I have to admit, that at first a squirrel still dug in the pot after placing the forks, but I just filled in the little hole that he dug, then the next time I checked on things... he had left it alone.  I'm thankful he gave up on digging in my pots, for now anyway...and maybe he told all his friends and family not to go near them either. I haven't seen any of them out there lately. 

I'd been having quite a bit of trouble with the squirrels last year digging in my pots. They ruined one of my calibrachoa hanging plants... I found the whole plant on the ground and dried out. The other one made it though, and was untouched...it actually came back this year, I was so surprised and happy about that...I'm keeping it on the back porch this year. 


This year we added new garden fencing to this little container garden area...from the Dollar Tree, $1.25 each 2 ft. panel, it's plastic, but I think it adds some southern charm to the secret garden area...I think they are worth the money. 

I found this other garden flag that looks like little Emma...I have thought of painting the garden cats, but I just haven't done it yet...one day I might paint them grey to look sort of like concrete cat statutes...we'll see. If I decide to give them a makeover I'll be sure to show you. 

Well, that's how things are looking out here right now...I'll be sure to show you things as they grow more... hopefully later this summer. I hope you found some garden inspiration today. Keep scrolling the page to see my Front Porch for Spring and My Covered Back Porch for Spring. 

Until next time, stay creative... and have a beautiful day!

I'm also on YouTube at Christie's Mobile Home Diary, you can find my channel HERE 
I have a new video called  "Spring Outdoor Refresh" you can click HERE and I'll shuttle you over there to watch it. It's got a lot of my spring garden and outdoor projects and diy's and a lot of before and afters too.  Thanks for visiting me over there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts