Summer Flower Arrangement~ A Few Changes in the Living Room

Today, on this hot summer day, I've made a few little changes in my living room... on the top of our side accent table with drawers, (though not really a table, I believe it was once was a child's French Provincial chest of drawers).  I was in the mood for a change in here... so I went with my favorite colors..... in shades of greens and creams, and a little more neutral colored flowers for a little while. 

Changing out a few flowers was an easy fix, for a quick room refresh...

The ivory colored crepe myrtle looking flowers that are in the market basket (below), are charity thrift shop finds that were 1/2 price that day I was there....they are brand new and high quality, and were donated by a boutique shop owner, that closed shop...earlier this year. The total cost for the two bunches were $4. I was so tickled to find these....they are what I'd been on the hunt for... for some time. They remind me of the crepe myrtle trees that I see blooming away this time of the year, around town. 

I also found some little white daisies for $2. Finding them made me want to change out the flowers that were in the silver teapot too....to a more neutral arrangement, for a little while (above). So, with these and some flowers I already had.... I made some changes to this arrangement. Really all I did was take away the blue hydrangeas and added in the little daisies.  I'm loving the way it turned out....


I also took out the blue hydrangeas that were in my wall basket, and added a few sprigs of eucalyptus....

I can see now, from these photos...that maybe I need to work on it a little more....it looks more wild than I thought....it looks like the birds have been busy in there.... maybe I'll just leave it alone, and call it good, lol! I'll be adding some fall looking flowers soon anyway....

I added the little Thomas Kinkade Cottage to the table for a change too....it lights up and was a thrift shop find a while back, (I think from last year or the year before),...it had $15 on it, but they were having a 1/2 off sale that day, so it was only $7.50....


 
What have you been up to... this late summer day?
 I hope you've been staying cool, and that you've been staying inspired too. 

Until next time...
Stay creative and have a beautiful day!

Linking up with these fun blog parties this week:
Vintage Charm Link Party hosted by:
Thursday Favorite Things hosted by:

2 comments:

  1. Love your thrift store finds! Isn't it the best when we find a bargain. I also love the hunt. You sure made them look fabulous in your basket. And the birds look so charming just the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Yes, it's the thrill of the hunt when it comes to thrift stores and yard sales that I love too...you just never know what you might find. I appreciate you stopping by for a visit and leaving your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts