September Sunflowers for Late Summer

 In the mornings, there's a little bit of a change in the air.... in our area. I have been eager to see the calendar change over to September. It's been so hot,  I'm so excited for the upcoming fall season and all that it brings...how about you?! I have been decorating for fall, and I am currently in the process of getting photos for an upcoming fall home tour post, and I've been taking video footage for my Youtube channel too. I have so much to show you, in my upcoming blog post and video, which I'll be posting soon!

But today I want to show you how I changed up my flower arrangement that is in my silver teapot by just adding in some sunflowers. I'm a little behind on posting this, but I still wanted to share it and put it here in the photos of my home diary.....




This flower arrangement has been slowly evolving... since the Fourth of July, the blue hydrangeas and red geraniums were replaced with creamy white flowers after the 4th, and then at the end of August I found these sunflowers to add in, from Walmart ($3.98 for a bundle of 5). 



For September, I put some sunflower pillow covers on the pillows that are on my sofa, in the living room too, and I changed out my throw blanket on the back of the sofa, with a vintage inspired patchwork quilted throw.... that I found new, a few years ago on ebay. I love looking at the different patterns on it... it really does bring in a lot of pretty colors for late summer.  I feel like you just can't go wrong with a patchwork quilt. 

The sunflower pillow covers will be moving to my back porch rocking chairs when I bring out my pumpkin pillow covers for the living room for fall, very soon. I actually bought them for the back porch, but loved them so much, that I wanted to leave them inside for a little while to enjoy...especially after finding the faux sunflowers at Walmart.  I actually was buying them to use out on the porch too, ha!  It's funny that one thing leads to another when decorating...a girl can change her mind though, right? 

Are you as ready for fall as I am?  Have you started any decorating yet? 

Until next time...

Stay creative and have a beautiful day!


Joining these fun parties this week:

Vintage Charm, hosted at: My Thrift Store Addiction and Our Hopeful Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts