Summer Decorating Ideas, (After 4th of July)

 I'm enjoying the summer sunsets and evenings, but if I'm being completely honest, it gets so hot and humid in our area, here in Northwest Florida, that by mid-summer.... I wish I could move... and I say that every single summer. lol!  Every day is almost 100 degrees (with the heat index), and I've been guilty of wishing for cooler temps and wishing summer away on some days. All that to say, that our summers are very long and my summer decor will be here for a while, so I like to change things up a little bit through the summer months. The day after the 4th of July, I took away the patriotic decor and changed out some things here and there.  I'm usually ready for something different for the rest of summer....

Here's how things are looking right now....


In the sitting room the English country garden theme continues with a few little changes here and there....






















This wreath is one I made several years ago, from an antique (torn and very worn) cutter quilt that I found for $1. It was easy and fun to make...I cut the pieces of quilt that was salvageable, and tied the pieces around a wire coat hanger...I am so happy I could repurpose that old quilt into something useable again...someone spent so much time making it....


George likes hangin' out with me in the sitting room...he says hello....


And here's the changes in the living room and dining room, the hydrangeas will stay a little longer, but will soon be replaced with some creamy white crepe myrtle looking faux flowers...that's what I'm seeing a lot of blooming here in our area....and over the weekend I was lucky enough to find some, while thrifting.....they were brand new and were 1/2 off...two bunches for a total of $4 (I should have taken a photo of them to show you)....



This early 1900's post card makes me think of what summers should be made of......maybe some time to do some leisurely things like painting in the English Countryside....



a few seashells always bring back sweet memories of summertime...



and a few nature inspired vine balls and moss balls and river rocks in the coffee table bowl.... that remind me of a summer vacation, close to nature in the Great Smoky Mountains, near beautiful creeks and waterfalls....
 


In the kitchen and dining room I changed out the plates, flower arrangement and throw pillows too...

The flower arrangement is one I already had....the flowers came from Walmart several years ago in a bouquet bundle...I simply cut them off the stems and placed them in this yard sale wicker basket find....I think I've got about $14 in this arrangement.....


Emma and George are napping on the wicker loveseat at the dining room table while I take some pictures for you today...Emma says hello...



But then went fast to sleep again, to join George for an afternoon nap...



I hope you are having a beautiful, fun and restful summer season....

Until next time...
Stay creative! 

Joining these fun blog parties:
Vintage Charm Blog Party hosted by Cecilia from My Thrift Store Addiction &

Thursday Favorite Things  hosted by Katherine's Corner, Eclectic Red Barn, Follow The Yellow Brick Home, Crafts a la Mode, & An Artful Mom

2 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful home, Christie! I love all the vintage and thrifted touches you created to make it extra special. Your cats are so pretty too. They definitely look like they're living the good life. I also live in Florida and if this is what July has been like I'm seriously worried about August. Stay cool and have the best day, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Coco, for your sweet compliment!
    I wonder how hot August will get too... and so true, we aren't even in the dog days of a Florida summer yet, you stay cool too, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts